Our team of highly motivated, entrepreneurial minds has come together to build a purposeful product to address both the climate and biodiversity crises. We are building an app for sustainable consumption and helping consumers find products that match their priorities. Learn more at https://www.inoqo.com.
In order to turn our mission into reality, we are now looking for a Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join us on either a part-time or full-time basis (30-40 hours) at our HQ in Vienna, Austria.
The job can be done remotely. However, due to legal requirements, you should have your main point of living in Austria (or be registered as a freelancer).
Here is where we need you:
- You collect and integrate product data from various sources into our database, making it available for our users.
- You support our partners in adapting their data sets and provide them with methods for ingesting and matching product data.
- You work with the backend development team to identify and implement improvements to our machine learning algorithms to ramp up our data processing pipeline.
- You work with inoqo’s impact assessment team to understand the quality of impact data and provide ways to improve it.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for data management, data quality, and databases, and you are familiar with formats like CSV, XML, and JSON
- You have experience with software & data engineering in Python (Django, Pandas, etc.) and SQL.
- You know best practices and workflows of how to efficiently handle large amounts of data
- You like to find solutions rather than problems and have demonstrated your advanced analytical thinking capacities by making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- You are interested in sustainability, conscious consumerism, and biodiversity
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus but not a must
- You have experience with Web technologies and/or REST APIs.
- You have experience with GitHub, Docker, Elasticsearch
Why you will be excited to join us:
- You will be able to gain a lot of hands-on experience in one of Europe’s most promising impact startups.
- You have the opportunity to work autonomously and self-controlled but in close cooperation with highly experienced experts in the product development team.
- You will have the chance to upgrade and grow your skills and knowledge next to Simon, our Product & Projects lead and co-founder.
- You will have the chance to build a sustainable, valuable global company and leave your footprint in helping to overcome our planet’s most pressing challenges
- You will have the opportunity to attend many workshops, meetups, and sustainable discussions
- We value flexibility in every aspect with the option of working from home and flexible working hours - also in non-COVID times (if you prefer to come to the office: we are located at Tribespace, a cool co-working space in the 7th district of Vienna)
Ready to join our mission? Awesome!
Please send us your CV and a few sentences about why you think we would be a good match through the application button. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position is € 1.700,00 gross per month (full-time basis, x14). However, we appreciate your expertise and skills and will be discussing your final salary together depending on your experience.
We value diversity and strongly believe it contributes to a broader collective perspective that can consistently lead to a better company, better product and better services. We seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds and are committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. Qualified individuals from all types of background are encouraged to apply.