Our team of highly motivated, entrepreneurial minds has come together to build a purposeful product and address both climate and biodiversity crises. We are building an app for sustainable consumption and help consumers find products that match their priorities. Our vision: Empowering millions of consumers around the globe to take consumption decisions that are better for the planet and their own wellbeing. Learn more at https://www.inoqo.com.
In order to turn our vision into reality, we are now looking for a Junior Data Engineer (m/f/x) to join us on either a part-time or full-time basis (15-40 hours) at our HQ in Vienna, Austria.
The job can be done remotely. However, due to legal requirements, you should have your main point of living in Austria.
Here is where we need you:
- You collect and integrate product data from various sources into our database, making it available for our users.
- You support our partners in adapting their data sets and provide them with methods for ingesting and matching product data.
- You work with the backend development team to identify and implement improvements to our machine learning algorithms to ramp up our data processing pipeline.
- You work with inoqo’s impact assessment team to understand the quality of impact data and provide ways to improve it.
What we are looking for:
- You have a passion for data management, data quality, and databases, and you are familiar with formats like CSV, XML, and JSON.
- You have some experience with software development in Python and/or tools like Jupyterhub
- Ideally, you have experience with Web technologies and/or REST APIs.
- You like to find solutions rather than problems and have demonstrated your advanced analytical thinking capacities by making product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- You are eager to improve the status quo, are exceptionally self-motivated, hands-on and most of all fun to work with 😊
- You are interested in sustainability, conscious consumerism and biodiversity.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus but not a must.
Why you will be excited to join us:
- Together with your team, you will build a global market leader with a strong underlying business model and an app with millions of customers daily from scratch.
- You will leave your footprint in helping to overcome our planet’s most pressing challenges.
- You have the opportunity to work autonomously and self-controlled but in close cooperation with highly experienced experts in the product development team.
- You have a lot of freedom in managing your way of working and structuring your deliverables.
- You will join a quickly growing, motivated and highly engaged team and will get to look behind the scenes of one of Europe’s most promising impact startups.
- You will work in an open and inclusive atmosphere with a huge focus on the personal and professional development of every team member.
- We value flexibility in every aspect with the option of working from home and flexible working hours, also in non-COVID times.
- If you prefer to come to the office: we are located at tribe.space, a cool co-working space in the 7th district of Vienna, close to public transport and with all necessary requirements for a COVID safe working environment.
Ready to join our mission? Awesome!
Please send us your CV and a few sentences about why you think we would be a good match through the application button.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email@example.com. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position is € 1.574,90 gross per month (full-time basis, x14). However, we appreciate your expertise and skills and will be discussing your final salary together depending on your experience.
We value diversity and strongly believe it contributes to a broader collective perspective that can consistently lead to a better company, better product and better services. We seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds and are committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. Qualified individuals from all types of background are encouraged to apply.